Recipe given to me from Randy
from Jill Sneider’s book “Shortbread Sampler”
• 1 Cup unsalted butter
• ½ cup icing sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ¾ cups all- purpose flour
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ cup dried cranberries
• ½ cup shelled pistachio nuts – coarsely chopped
• Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir butter with sugar until smooth.
3. Stir in vanilla
4. Gradually stir in flour and salt until evenly mixed.
5. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
6. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls (7ml) onto an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
7. Press down lightly with your finger to produce chunky cookies. Or if you would like thinner cookies, dip bottom of a glass in a little flour, then flatten cookies to about ¼ inch . Sprinkle with more cranberries and nuts, if you like and press into dough.
8. Bake in centre of preheated 300 degree oven until light golden , 20-25 minutes.
9. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
10. Just before serving , dust with icing sugar.
Store in an airtight container in a cool place or in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Back to the Christmas Cookie Swap....