From the book - Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone.
• 1/2 cup walnuts
• 1/2 cup pitted dates
• Scant 1/2 cup raw carob powder
• Scant 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 cup almond butter
• 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 cup whole almonds
• 2 cups shredded coconut (sweetener or unsweetened)
1. Place the walnuts in a food processor & process until coarsely ground. Add the dates & pulse until well combined with the nuts.
2. Add the carob powder, syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract & salt. Process until mixture is thick & smooth.
3. Add the almonds, pulse a few times until combined, but you want them to remain in crunchy chunks so do not over process.
4. Form into golf-size balls with your hands. Roll the balls in coconut, icing sugar or whatever you desire.
Place in a sealed container in the freezer until hardened.
Back to the Christmas Cookie Swap....